How to report a street light out
- To report a street light out, Open Public Service Request app on your phone or desktop
- In the What section, type into the search “outage” then select Street-Light-outage
- Use the Where section to locate where the problem is
- If there is a number on the post or wire, add it in the description section
- Hit send – add your email if you want (that way you can track what happens)
Why is it good to report street lights that are out?
We all walk pass, drive by or even read by street lights without giving them a second glance.
But they are actually essential to our city and suburban areas.
Security relies on street lights working all night for example. Many times folks have been walking home from a party or the local eatery only to feel insecure when coming across a darkened section of the street due to either inadequate or broken street lighting. Pedestrians are 75% more vulnerable to being hit by passing vehicles when street lighting is insufficient.
What should I do if I see a street light out?
Either be there where the street light is out or make a note of exactly where it is, then report it! Using Public Service Request app.
Street light out, who do I call?
No need to call anyone, simply use the PSR app as described here
Thousands of Service Requests are made regularly using our PSR system for reporting or requesting anything, not just street lights that are defective or inadequate.
Download it now or visit it in your browser by clicking the Make your Request button on any of these pages.